Location and Work Schedule: Primarily remote, Scott AFB is strongly preferred. Ability to commute to a DISA site (Scott, Meade, Ford Island) as needed to support production deployments and troubleshooting.
The Defense Group has an opening for a Software Engineer to support the ongoing development and sustainment of a Software Defined Networking (SDN) solution for the Defense Information Systems Agency (DISA)’s Global Solutions Management project.
While this role is primarily remote one must live within commuting distance to Scott AFB, IL or Ft. Meade, MD for on-site support.
This individual will assist in the design, development, testing, deployment, troubleshooting and incident/problem management for the SDN components. This role is primarily remote, but candidates must be within commuting distance to Scott AFB, IL or Ft. Meade, MD for on-site support.
- Design, develop, document, test and deploy software written in Python and Java on the Cisco Network Services Orchestrator (NSO) platform.
- Develop network orchestration and management workflows on the Itential Automation Platform.
- Integrate software with network devices, including Cisco ASR9K and Juniper MX series routers.
- Develop automated tests using Ansible, Selenium, JMeter, Junit and/or other applicable tools.
- Develop automated CI/CD build/deployment pipelines using CloudBees/Jenkins, Artifactory, OpenShift/Kubernetes, Docker, Ansible and Bitbucket.
- Work with an Agile team, attend daily scrums and demonstrate working software while collaborating with a geographically distributed (remote) team.
- Troubleshoot and resolve installation, infrastructure, and system issues.
- Proactively and independently identify, report, monitor, and mitigate technical risks.
- Frequently communicate and collaborate with other team members to ensure successful completion of project objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a relevant technical discipline and least 7 years of experience is required.
- Interest in developing network automation/configuration/orchestration capabilities. (Network configuration/automation experience a definite plus.)
- Senior level software development experience in Python and/or Java in a Linux environment. (Experience with Cisco NSO or Itential a definite plus.)
- Backend Java and Python software development experience that includes JSON/REST web services development, as well as the parsing, generation, and validation of JSON.
- Experience with distributed version control software such as Git and Bitbucket.
- Experience developing software on a Linux platform.
- Strong communication skills that enable proactive and effective collaboration with a virtual team.
- Knowledge of and ability to apply principles, theories, and concepts of Software Engineering.
- Ability to obtain an interim DoD Secret security clearance prior to start date.
- Ability to obtain a security certification that meets DOD 8570 IAT level II or higher, such as Security+ CE or CISSP, within 60 days of start date.
- DoD Secret clearance or ability to obtain interim Secret clearance prior to start date
- Security+ certification or equivalent DoD 8570 IAT II certification within 60 days of start date
- Full software lifecycle experience (design, development, test, deployment), including deployment to a production environment.
- Experience developing software in an Agile environment, including the ability to quickly learn new technologies on a rapidly growing project.
- Software analysis and design experience, including the ability to research, analyze, select and design integrations for APIs, as well as develop extensions/plugins for existing tools/components.
- Experience creating software design artifacts, including the creation of functional, technical, and architectural design documentation as well as test cases and installation, deployment and configuration documentation.
- Software Defined Networking experience, particularly experience with Cisco NSO and Itential.
- Network configuration experience, specifically with Juniper or Cisco routers, to include protocols such as BGP, MPLS, VPLS, Pseudowires and QoS.
- Experience developing software using SDN modeling languages and protocols such as YANG, NETCONF and RESTCONF.
- Experience designing and building automated software testing pipelines using Ansible, Selenium, JMeter, Junit and/or other applicable tools.
- Experience designing, building, and deploying DevOps pipelines with Bitbucket, Git, Jenkins, Artifactory and Ansible (or equivalent tools).
- Experience with Atlassian tools, including JIRA and Confluence.
- Experience working remotely with a geographically dispersed team.
- Experience developing and deploying software in a DoD environment (DISA experience is a plus), including experience building and deploying software applications that meet DoD security standards, including updating applications and code to meet security scans and meeting security implementation guidelines (e.g. STIGs).
If you want to apply please Contact Us Or send an email to HR@rmantras.com