Senior DevOps Software Engineer
Telework: primarily remote, but candidates must be within commuting distance to Scott AFB, IL or Ft. Meade, MD for on-site support.
- Develop automated CI/CD build/deployment pipelines using Cloudbees/Jenkins, Artifactory, OpenShift/Kubernetes, Docker, Ansible and Bitbucket.
- Lead software configuration management (SCM) release planning and version control, providing SCM support throughout a software product’s life cycle (initial software development through promotion to Test, QA and Production Environments).
- Plan and manage parallel software development and release cycles as well as provide SCM for a large, distributed development network with remote partners, ensuring the consistency and reliability of software builds.
- Provide technical direction, leadership, guidance, and training on CM processes to a team of software engineers, ensuring congruence of the various infrastructure, software, configurations and interfaces maintained under configuration control
- Develop automated tests using Ansible, Selenium, JMeter, Junit and/or other applicable tools.
- Deploy, configure, test, troubleshoot, maintain, update/upgrade of Kafka and Elastic clusters and environments.
- Work with an Agile team, attend daily scrums and demonstrate working software while collaborating with a geographically distributed (remote) team, communicating, and collaborating frequently with teammates to ensure successful completion of project objectives.
- Troubleshoot and resolve installation, infrastructure, and system issues.
- Proactively and independently identify, report, monitor, and mitigate technical risks.
- Master level DevOps experience – knowledge and ability to train, guide and mentor the team on DevOps principles, bringing new expertise to the team.
- Master level experience with and ability to develop DevOps designs, architectures, processes and procedures.
- Master level experience in software configuration management (Bitbucket, GIT), including the ability to design software configuration, branch, merge and release processes.
- Significant experience designing, developing and implementing CI/CD pipelines in a containerized (Kubernetes) environment.
- Significant experience designing and implementing automation capabilities in Ansible or another equivalent tool.
- Experience enforcing project DevOps processes to ensure consistency of deployments
- Strong Unix command line experience.
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college in a related discipline and 12+ years of prior relevant experience.
- Strong working knowledge of Git and experience with development workflows in Bitbucket or an equivalent tool.
- Experience designing, building, and deploying DevOps pipelines with Bitbucket, Git, Jenkins, Artifactory and Ansible (or equivalent tools).
- Experience designing and implementing application deployment pipelines and developing software in a containerized environment with Kubernetes and Docker (OpenShift experience is a plus).
- Full software lifecycle automation experience (design, development, test, deployment), including deployment to a production environment.
- Experience designing and building automated software testing pipelines using Ansible, Selenium, JMeter, Junit and/or other applicable tools.
- Previous SCM experience, including release planning, managing software baselines, merging branches, and producing software builds
- Experience designing, developing, and deploying software in a cloud environment (AWS is a plus).
- Strong experience working on a UNIX command line platform.
- Strong communication skills that enable proactive and effective collaboration with a virtual team, including the ability to clearly articulate status and present to both customers and program leadership.
- DoD Secret clearance or ability to obtain interim Secret clearance prior to start date
- Security+ certification or equivalent DoD 8570 IAT II certification within 60 days of start date
- Experience developing and deploying software in a DoD environment (DISA experience is a plus), including experience building and deploying software applications that meet DoD security standards and updating applications and code to meet security scans and security implementation guidelines (e.g., STIGs).
- Experience with Atlassian tools, including Bitbucket integrations with JIRA and Confluence.
- Experience integrating code review systems into the SCM process.
- Experience with static code analysis, particularly security scans.
- Experience working remotely with a geographically dispersed team.
- Experience working as part of an Agile software development team.
For more information please Contact Us Or send an email to HR@rmantras.com