Linux System Administrator
This position is 100% Onsite
- Location: Northern VA area –Roslyn, Arlington, Alexandria.
- Mark Center, 4800 Mark Center Drive, Alexandria, VA 22311.
RMantras is seeking an experienced Linux System Administrator to support the DISA Program
- Able to work in a rapid paced environment and must be able to work independently.
- Works independently to maintain the smooth operation of a multi-user computer systems, including coordination with network administrators.
- Install system wide software and allocate mass storage space, administer and service accounts, and perform tuning for system performance
- Interact with users and evaluate vendor products.
- Make recommendations to purchase hardware and software, coordinates installation and provide back-up recovery.
- Develop and monitor policies and standards for allocation related to the use of computing resources.
- Create, maintain, and implement detailed documentation and maintains standard operating procedures.
- Provide coaching and reviewing the work of lower level technical staff.
- Provide support on a M-F business hours schedule, also responsible for on-call, extended hour, and weekend support as required by mission or emergency situations.
- Bachelor’s degree and 4+ years of overall related experience with Unix, Redhat Linux required. Additional related years of experience is accepted in lieu of a degree.
- Currently possess an active TS/SCI security clearance.
- Candidate may be asked to obtain CI Poly in future.
- Currently possess DoD 8750 certification at least IAT level II, e.g. Security+ce.
- Ability to work in a 24/7 operation.
- Ability to work a rotating shift schedule, available shifts include: 0600-1400 (6:00 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.), 1400-2200 (2:00 p.m. – 10:00 p.m.), 2200-0600 (10:00 p.m. – 6:00 a.m.)
- Shell scripting (e.g. bash) and experience in other languages like Perl.
- Application of security settings and other commercial best practices such as DISA STIGS.
- Prior experienced with DISA and DISA’s support to mission partners
- TS/SCI w/CI Poly Preferred
- Integration of Network Management (NM) and Element Management (EM) systems with network performance, trouble ticketing, and security subsystems highly desired.
- Experience with support systems to include enclave Ethernet switches, storage area networks (SAN), and network attached storage (NAS).
- Candidates with a thorough knowledge of networking principles to included TCP/IP a plus.
- Experience with a ticketing system such as BMC Remedy.
- ITIL v3 Foundation certified
- Windows Server experience.
- Experience working with virtual environments.
If you want to apply please Contact Us Or send an email to HR@rmantras.com