Linux System Administrator
Telework: primarily remote, but candidates must be within commuting distance to Scott AFB, IL, Ft. Meade, MD, or Ogden, UT for on-site support.
- Work independently to ensure the reliability, availability, and security of the solution by proactively monitoring the system, troubleshooting, and resolving issues to ensure high availability and continuity of operations.
- Maintain configuration management and baseline control of development, test, pre-production, and production environments.
- Conduct regular security scans, analyze results and implement resolutions including testing of new hardware and software and ensure compliance with DISA STIGs.
- Operate and maintain the solution, including patching of operating systems and COTS/FOSS/GOTS applications.
- Perform and test regular backups.
- Monitor and tune system and network performance, including RHEL and VMWare systems, for optimal system availability.
- Configure, manage and maintain components of the solution (application servers, load balancers, databases, operating systems, etc.)
- Deploy systems in the Lab environment, integrate with other systems, perform testing and validation.
- Manage, track, and maintain configuration items including licenses, SSL certificates and the hardware/software baseline.
- Support baseline deployments, upgrades and updates to the production environment including the installation and configuration of new software and hardware.
- Lead planning and migration of infrastructure and applications from the Data Center environment to the AWS cloud.
- Keep pace with advances in system and application software and technologies (e.g. virtualization, containerization, cloud computing, zero trust) and inject this knowledge into day to day processes
- Create, maintain, and implement detailed documentation and maintain standard operating procedures.
- Perform trend analysis on component failures, network/node outages, and system performance parameters.
- Interact with software and hardware vendors to evaluate vendor products and make recommendations to purchase hardware and software.
- Work with network engineers and developers to troubleshoot environment issues as necessary.
- Escalate support issues to vendors as necessary and coordinate resolution.
- Manage access including creation and management of user and service accounts.
- Provide support on a M-F business hours schedule, also responsible for on-call, extended hour, and weekend support as required by mission or emergency situations.
- Bachelor’s degree in Information Technology, Computer Science or a relevant technical discipline and 2+ years of relevant experience; Additional experience, education and training may be considered in lieu of degree.
- Active Secret with SSBI or Top-Secret security clearance.
- Ability to obtain Security+ certification or equivalent DoD 8570 IAT II certification within 60 days of start date.
- Experience installing, managing, and maintaining RHEL 7 Linux servers in a production environment
- Experience troubleshooting and managing virtualized infrastructure in a VMware ESXi environment.
- Experience installing, configuring, securing, deploying, managing, monitoring and maintaining a variety of complex software products across multiple environments.
- Experience with scripting in Bash and experience in other languages such as Perl or Python
- Thorough knowledge of TCP/IP networking.
- Application and configuration of security settings and other IA best practices, such as those as required by DISA STIGs and SRGs
- Experience supporting, installing, and configuring enclave Ethernet switches, storage area networks (SAN), and network attached storage (NAS).
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced environment.
- Red Hat Certified System Administrator (RHCSA)/Linux Professional Institute Certification (LPIC)
- Experience managing HPE integrated BladeSystem enclosures, including Onboard Administrator, iLO and interconnect modules
- Experience managing and using Ansible automation tools
- Knowledge of Git and the Git version control model
- Understanding of PostgreSQL, including monitoring, managing, and maintaining replicated databases
- Experience supporting, installing, and configuring enclave Fiber/Ethernet switches, HPE storage area networks (SAN)/ network attached storage (NAS)
- Experience with a ticketing system such as BMC Remedy and/or Atlassian JIRA
- Experience administering and configuring Windows Server 2012 R2 or higher
For more information please Contact Us Or send an email to HR@rmantras.com